Instructions for Presenters
Welcome to ICEISET 2023, a hybrid conference where presenters are expected to attend on-site or remotely to deliver their presentations and engage with the audience. If you are unable to attend, we encourage you to arrange for a substitute.
Important Information for Oral Presentations
As a session speaker, we are thrilled to have you at ICEISET 2023 in Nablus, Palestine. To ensure a consistent quality of presentations, please follow the instructions below:
- All presentations, whether regular or convened, are allotted a 20-minute time slot. Please plan your speech to last 15 minutes, allowing time for questions and discussion.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the session start time to meet with your session chairs and other speakers.
- Each conference room will be equipped with a video projector and PC.
- Please bring your presentation in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format on a USB memory stick and upload it to the Session Room at least 15 minutes before your session begins.
- To avoid any technical difficulties during your presentation, please ensure that it adheres to the following guidelines.
- When preparing your presentation in MS-PowerPoint, please ensure that it is compatible with the on-site PC by using one of the following versions: PowerPoint 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010, 2013.
- We recommend saving your presentation in PPT format instead of PPS.
- All videos and animations in your presentation must run automatically without requiring manual intervention. This ensures a seamless and uninterrupted delivery of your presentation.
- For inserted images, we prefer the use of JPG files, although GIF, TIF, and BMP formats will be accepted.
- Please note that images inserted into MS-PowerPoint are embedded into the presentation, and images created with a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are unnecessary and will increase your file size.
- Videos and animations must run automatically in your presentation. We cannot provide support for embedded videos, so please test your presentation on the on-site PC several hours before your session begins. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- If your video is not embedded in MS PowerPoint, we accept MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264), or WMV formats. The suggested bitrate for all MPEG4-based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- If you plan on using Full HD videos, please let us know well in advance of your session. Please note that sound is not available in most conference rooms.
To ensure that your presentation is displayed correctly, it is recommended to use only the fonts that come pre-installed with MS-Windows (English version). Using other fonts may result in a mismatched layout or style. The suggested fonts are Arial and Times New Roman.
If you prefer to use different fonts, they must be embedded into your presentation. To do this, choose the “Embed True Type Fonts” option when saving your presentation. First, click on “File” and then select “Save As.” Next, check the “Tools” menu and choose “Embed True Type Fonts.”